Hello Charlotte Beer Babes & Friends!
I wanted to summarize everything we’ve done this year, to give everyone an idea of what we’ve accomplished and participated in for 2014!
I have had the extreme pleasure of leading this group for this year, and I look forward to 2015 and expanding & continuing all of these pieces with each of you! So thank you for attending, participating, donating, and giving your feedback! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Monthly Beer Education:
– Winter Seasonals at World of Beer (January)
– Reds, Ryes & Romance at World of Beer (February)
– Spring Seasonals at World of Beer (March)
– Wild Yeast Saisons at World of Beer (April)
– International Beer Bottle Share at Good Bottle (May)
– Cooked With Beer Food & Bottle Share at Good Bottle (June)
– NC Beers at T.Mac University (July)
– Summer Seasonals at T.Mac University (August)
– Bottle Share at Salud Beer Shop (September)
– Bottle Share at Carolina Beer Temple (November)
– Winter Ales at The Beer Growler (December)
(In Order): Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Unknown Brewing, NoDa Brewing, Heist Brewery, Triple C Brewing, Birdsong Brewing, Lenny Boy Brewing, Lake Norman Brewing Company, D9 Brewing, Rock Bottom Brewery, Sycamore Brewing
One-Off Education Classes & Other Events:
– Homebrewing Education Series:
****Brewing With Babes 101 at Carolina Beer Temple with Lisa,
****Field Trip to Alternative Beverages SouthEnd (Homebrew Supplies) with Lisa & Alexa,
****Brew Day at NoDa Brewing (Partnership with ladies from the Carolina BrewMasters)
– Cicerone Tasting & Off-Flavor Education Class in May at Salud Beer Shop with Ben and Charles
– Beer Photography Class with Eric Gaddy at Good Bottle
– Cicerone Tasting & Off-Flavor Education Class in October at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille with Ben and Charles
– Craft Chicks Hustle Harder Event at Unknown Brewing
– Volunteered and Attended 16th Annual Charlotte Oktoberfest to benefit 3 Local Charities
– Carolina Renaissance Festival BrewFest Weekend
Quarterly Non-Profit Initiative:
Q1 – Children’s Charities
– Volunteered at Queen City Brewer’s Festival (QCBF) for Fundraising with ACEing Autism
– Power Hour Fundraising at Grapevine Wine Shop for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Q2 – Animal Charities
– Fundraising & Adoption Event at Unknown Brewing for Greater Charlotte SPCA
– Fundraising & Item Drive Event at Triple C Brewing for Humane Society of Charlotte
Q3 – Military Charities
– Fundraising & Item Drive at Bulldog Beer & Wine for Operation Homefront of the Carolinas
– Food Drive for Second Harvest Food Bank at Triple C, Lenny Boy, Olde Mecklenburg, Unknown & Rock Bottom Breweries
– Volunteered at D9 Grand Opening Event with Tips split between Operation Homefront & Second Harvest Food Bank
Q4 – Women’s Charities
– Yoga and Self-Defense Classes as Fundraisers during Charlotte Beer Babes’ 3rd Anniversary Party at Sycamore Brewing to benefit Carolina Breast Friends and Safe Alliance charities.
IN SUMMARY: We raised/helped to raise over $6500 in money and goods this year!
After actually writing this all out, now I know why I am happily tired, and was particularly so in May! 😉 This has been a blast to arrange and organize and attend while getting to know all of you and all of these great venues and charities! I hope you’ve all had as much fun with all of these pieces as I have, and I look forward to seeing you (and meeting any newbies) for our great events in 2015!
Thanks for a Wonderful and Hoppy 2014, and Happy New Year (2015) to all!
Slainté, Prost, Salut, Cheers, and Thanks!